Friday, June 6, 2008

Green Tea and Sleep


Image via Green Tea

I am drinking a cup of green tea this evening in hopes of waking myself up. The green tea isn't working. This morning I had five awesome ideas for posts. They had beginnings, middles, and ends, referenced useful data, and made original insights. But how to re-ignite them when it's almost midnight, I'm sleepy as hell, and the green tea isn't working?

Giving up, random thoughts instead. I need to swim and work out every day. Would you believe that I have access to a pool and yet have gone swimming a grand total of twice in the past 3 months? I need to figure out how to challenge myself a bit more every day. Dunking in cold chlorinated water early every morning should do it.

I'm going riding this Sunday!!! I actually went and signed up. This was spurned by my volunteering for a Therapeutic Riding Program for disabled kids. It was fun, though I decided I was as much in need of therapy as the kids. They were being taught the difference between left and right, how to pay attention to their surroundings, and how to follow verbal instructions.

I have, of course, been tracking my meager blog stats as if my life depended on it. So far, the posts that have generated the most Google search hits have been Poetry and Law and Frieda Kalo. I want to expand on both of these subjects. Kind of write a series of useful articles on them. Other areas of interest I want to explore: Mind and the unconscious, politics and culture, book reviews of everything I read, reviews of poetry and poets and of course my projected collection of contemporary poetry.

That's all for now. I am seriously nodding off over the keyboard. My faith in green tea wreaked forever...

No comments: